This powerful blend of fiber, protein, and healthy fats will keep you full for hours. The avocado, lime, and protein combo helps repair cell damage to build muscle and make your skin, hair, and nails look great.
So it’s perfect for a meal substitution or as post-workout fuel.
I absolutely would have taken a photo of the shake… if I had thought about it before I drank the whole thing. ha.
Next time I make it(and there WILL be a next time), I’ll edit a photo in here. For now, though, you’ll just have to trust me that it looks as great as it tastes.
I can already see a few of you making side-eye at me for the avocado.
“Avocado in a smoothie? Umm… no.”
Umm, yes! It lends a lovely creaminess to the concoction, and you won’t taste it at all. Promise.
This smoothie tastes Just. Like. Pie. Seriously. Just like it!
On with the recipe, adapted by me from the January 2013 issue of (now defunct) Oxygen magazine.
Key Lime Pie Protein Shake
– 1/2 an avocado
– 2 tbsp lime or key lime juice, Fresh or Bottled. Doesn’t matter which.
– 1 scoop of vanilla whey protein. I have a feeling taste may vary quite a bit between brands. I can only guarantee the flavour will be perfect if you use the same brand that I did(BSN Lean Dessert in Whipped Vanilla Cream)
– 1 tbsp unsweetened shredded coconut
– 1 cup milk of choice(dairy skim, almond, coconut). I used skim.
– 1/2 cup very cold water
– handful of ice
– OPTIONAL: sweetener of choice, to taste. I used 1 packet of Stevia.
Combine all ingredients and blend until smooth. Serve and enjoy!