For now, I do have a super simple Pear & Ginger Yogurt Dip recipe for your next Autumn party or get-together.
Not only is it healthy, but it’s also packed with protein!
Smooth, light, and creamy; this recipe could also be used as a high protein breakfast parfait, when added to big chunks of fresh fruit, and layered with granola or wheat germ.
If you add another 1/2 cup of milk to the recipe, you’ll have a healthy & creamy smoothie featuring one of the best Autumn flavour combinations: Pear & Ginger.
As written below, the recipe will make approximately 2 cups of dip. It was enough to fill the green ramekin, pictured above, 3 times.
The entire dip amount, as written, will be less than 400 calories(probably more like 350, depending on your protein powder choice). This is a huge improvement over most cream cheese fruit dips – which rack up 50-100 calories per tablespoon!
Pear & Ginger Yogurt Dip
– 1 large, ripe Bartlett pear, diced
– 2 tbsp milk (I used skim)
– 1 cup of Fage 2% (for best flavour & consistency, do not use 0%!) greek yogurt
– 1/2 tsp of ground ginger
– 1/2 scoop of Vanilla flavoured Whey Protein Powder
– OPTIONAL: crystallised Ginger pieces, for garnish
– Place 3/4 of diced pear pieces into blender, along with milk, ginger powder, whey powder, and yogurt.
– Blend until creamy and smooth.
– Use soft spatula to scrape out of blender. Fold remaining 1/4 of diced pears into the dip.
– Place in serving dish alongside pieces of cut fruit, biscotti, pita chips, or sweet crackers. If desired, garnish with crystallised ginger.