I had been holding on to this post for a while, so I thought December would be the perfect time to post it.
I know the title of this is looooooooong, and probably sounds overly complicated. Not so!
If you’ve been reading my website for a while, you’ve probably realised that I do not do complicated.
This fancy sounding healthy side dish is simple to make, and doesn’t take very long to compile. Let’s get to it!
- 1 lb fresh Brussels Sprouts, halve the small ones, quarter the large ones
- 1-2 lbs of cut baby organic carrots (you can use carrots you cut yourself, but this is much faster/easier)
- 2 to 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 to 2 tbsp Herbes de Provence(available in most grocery store spice aisles)
- Balsamic Reduction for drizzling over the vegetables
- Sea Salt, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450F
- Place all ingredients except balsamic into large baking or roasting pan
- Mix everything together until vegetables are nicely coated, then drizzle balsamic reduction generously on top. It should look something like this:
- Roast for 35-40 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes, until vegetables are nicely crusted, and browned to the degree you prefer. Serve warm.